Saturday 7 June 2008

Supermodel Agyness Deyn to launch her own band

Supermodel Agyness Deyn has told NME.COM that her collaboration with Five O'Clock Heroes has inspired her to form her own band.

The track 'Who' which is out on June 23 sees Deyn duetting with frontman Antony Ellis.

She said: "Basically I've been friends with Antony for years and years. He�??s like my older brother. He was the first person that got me into playing the guitar, he was with me when we bought my first guitar and he's encouraged me to get into music more."

The star added that she has now formed her own band Gene Jacket, and that they are now working on tracks together.

�??We�??ve got three or four songs, we wrote a really cool song at Coachella actually which was exciting." Deyn enthused. "It's called 'Hotel', well we originally wrote and recorded it in Japan, then added bits at the festival. It sounds like The Vaselines, , maybelike Animal Collective. Just sounds, experimenting with stuff."

To read the full interview with Deyn pick up the new issue of NME on UK newsstands nationwide from Wednesday (May 14).


--By our New York staff.
Find out more about NME.